Accessibility at Third Reformed Church
Third Reformed Church strives to provide a welcoming environment to all. Part of that commitment includes accessibility.
Renovations to our historic building have included those concerns with:
• wide, push-button entry doors off of the 13th Street parking lot,
• a spacious family bathroom with grab bars just inside those doors,
• an elevator to the lower level,
• induction hearing loop technology in the sanctuary, chapel and fellowship hall.
In addition to these structural provisions:
• a church bus transports residents of retirement facilities to church functions,
• large print bulletins are available,
Ushers will help if you need to stow your walkers or wheelchairs or find a special place to sit. If it is a Sunday when people are going forward for communion, elders will offer the elements to your seat when you need to remain there. Closed circuit television in the church library provides another access to the worship service. If it is not possible for you to come to church, a DVD ministry provides recordings of worship services.
A wide variety of durable equipment is available to check out and borrow for short term or long term disability needs.
If you have questions or concerns about your particular accessibility needs, or suggestions for how to improve our facilities or services to meet those needs, please call 616-392-1459.